This week, we're discussing the unique psychological risks that exist for those working in the field of online counterterrorism. We provide practical guidance for identifying, understanding and combating trauma and other mental health issues associated with exposure to terrorist material, and explore the roles and responsibilities of both practitioner and organisation in mitigating these impacts to welfare.
Join Anne Craanen as she speaks to Stevie Voogt, Director of People & Culture at Moonshot, a social enterprise working to end online harms. And Fiona Dunkley, a consultant senior psychotherapist, author and founder of FD Consultants, a network of trauma specialist therapists offering psychosocial support to people exposed to traumatic material in their work.
You can read a transcript of this episode here.
- Strategies for Researchers Analysing Terrorist and Violent Extremist Content (TVEC)
- Resource list on researcher welfare
- Protecting Your Mental Health: Vicarious Trauma Support
- Exposure to Traumatic Material: 3 Stages of Support
- Protecting Staff from Vicarious Trauma
If you want to find out more about Tech Against Terrorism and our work, visit techagainstterrorism.org or follow us on Twitter @techvsterrorism, where you can find resources on this topic.